Although we live in the great day-and-age of on-demand communication via phone, e-mail, text, and social media, it’s hard to deny the excitement upon receiving an old-fashioned letter via US Mail.
Unless of course that letter is a bill or some other dreadful news.. But either way, those residing in the United States will be happy to know that our domestic United States Postal Service (USPS) — keeping, to the best of their ability, in-step with innovation — now offers eligible customers the ability to preview their mail, manage packages and more before it’s slated to arrive at their home!
USPS Informed Delivery allows eligible customers who sign-up for FREE via the courier’s website to “view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mail pieces and track packages in one convenient location.” (with some exceptions)
Straight from the horse’s mouth, USPS’s Informed Delivery “provides eligible residential consumers with a digital preview of their household’s incoming mail,” along with “USPS Tracking® updates for incoming packages,” including delivery instructions, notifications, and rescheduling options, if necessary.
How Do I Get USPS Informed Delivery?
- To see if Informed Delivery is available in your area, head over to the feature’s official landing page and enter your 5-digit Zip Code.
- If eligible, you’ll need to either create a new — or sign-in to your existing — USPS.com® account, which is free to establish and maintain with a valid U.S. residential address.
- You’ll also need to confirm your identity by filling out a brief questionnaire and providing address information.
- Once your USPS.com® account is up and running, you can head over to the App Store (iOS), (Android), or (Windows) — by clicking the links provided — to download USPS official mobile app.
- From there, you’ll be able to seamlessly view upcoming standard mail pieces, track incoming packages, manage notifications and receive up-to-the-minute updates on your smartphone or tablet.